|Pineapple Gateau Cake|
If you're a fan of Pineapple pastry cake, then you should be able to do it with this recipe.
For the Cake
- Flour 1 cup+2 tbsp(150g)
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- Eggs 5
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar 1 cup+ 1 tbsp(150g)
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes, Sieve flour and baking powder thrice.
- Beat eggs well. Add essence and sugar. Beat till it is light and fluffy.
- Fold in flour. Pour into a greased 8” pan.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes and cool.
- Cut the cake into two layers soak it with the syrup. Cover with cream and sprinkle pineapple pieces. Repeat layers. Chill and serve
- Pineapple chopped 1 Cup
- Water 1 Cup
- Sugar ½ Cup
- Pineapple essence few drops
- Mix pineapple water and ½ cup sugar. Boil for a minute. Cool and add essence(or use tin pineapple)
- Cream 200gms
- Icing sugar 4 tbsp heaped
- Whip cream and icing sugar till it forms soft peaks
Slowly mix the egg mixture to the batter. If it's too fast, the whole batter will curdle.
Learn Pineapple Pastry
NB: Are you looking for hands-on baking class in Trivandrum or Bangalore. Check my Bangalore Facebook page for the latest class schedule. I've classes for beginners to people looking to perfect their baking and icing skills. Contact me at # 9379398865
You might be interested to know the recipe for Black Forest Cake.