Most of my fondest childhood memories are related to snacks or food I had after school. One snack that comes to my mind, relates to Jam Roll. We used to buy this soft curly Swiss roll from Jayram bakery at Medical colledge area in Trivandrum.
Now after all these years, I still get fancy of these yummy stuffs. Now I often make it at my place. But, nothing comes closer to the taste I had in those wonder years.
Jam Roll Ingredients:
- Maida -3/4 cup
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar -3/4 cup
- Cold water -2 tbsp
- Jam -3/4 cup
- Lemon extract - 4 tsp
- Powdered sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt three times
- Beat egg white stiff but do not let it get dry.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of sugar
- Mix egg yolks and water and beat until foamy.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar , beating until thick and yellow.
- Add lemon extract
- Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture.and add the flour mixture.
- Take a baking tray of 9"x14"x1" pan with greased wax paper.
- Ppour the mixture and bake in moderate oven for 25 mts
- Turn out on towel dusted with powdered sugar.
- Remove paper and trim the edges
- Mash Jam and spread on cake.
- Roll up wrap in towel and cool.
- Remove towel, sprinkle roll with powdered sugar.
- Slice when cold and enjoy this yummy Jam/Swiss roll
Note:- You can use cream instead of jam