Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A vegie Day in B'lore

Assorted Veg Dishes
Vegetable Dish Delights
Once in a while, I get into a vegie frenzy. It mostly happens by chance. This time I prepared three vegetable dishes as I was planning to leave Bangalore for couple of days. I used all the remaining potatoes, bringal and onion flower remaining inside the vegetable tray.

I used potato to make Aloo methi, Bringal to make ( Mezhukkupuratty) and onion flower thoran. All these three vegetable dishes filled my lunch table into a mouth watering treat for our small family. In Kerala, such a sight is not uncommon. Often in Trivandrum, I find people having two or three vegetable dishes, a fish curry and some gravy ( dal kind) for lunch.

Next time you leave out of town, don't leave behind the poor vegetables in the chiller, have a feast, call your friend and enjoy a good company.

No comments: