Here goes the recipe
75 g butter
175 g digestive biscuits
175 g Pineapple
450 g cream cheese
150 g powdered sugar
1 tsp pineapple essence
icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180 for 10mts.
- Butter the sides and base of a 2 cake tin.
- Place the biscuits into a food processor and grind to a rough breadcrumbs. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and press down into the base of the tin.
- Spread the chopped pineapple over the base and allow to chill in the fridge until needed.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, pineapple essence and the eggs together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the top of the pineapple and then bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until pale golden .
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for about 10-15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen it and carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle over a few pineapple, then dust with icing sugar.
- Cut into slices to serve. This cheesecake is best eaten when it is at room temperature