|Carrot and Date Cake|
Right after watching the Master Chef India final, I'm updating this blog.
In the final duel between Shipra Khana and Salma Shazia Fathima, the single mother Shipra Khana walked with the coveted title of MasterChef India 2. In the final contest, she made a dessert and named it Noor-e-Parda. She prepared it with Carrot and Date Cake recipe, along with garam masala, and covered with a veil of sugar. Shipra made changes to the original carrot and date cake recipe and presented it so well to become the winner of second Master Chef India.
I got goose bums listening to the strong words of Shipra Khana & her message to other women in India. Moreover, who can forget the good gesture by the beautiful runner-up Shazia from Bangalore. She shared her 10 lakh prize money with other three contestants.
Kudos to the Master Chef finalists. Now check out the carrot and date cake recipe.
Ingredients for Carrot and Date Cake:
• 2 eggs
• 1 cups sugar
• 3/4 cups vegetable oil
• 1 cups grated carrots
• 1 teaspoons vanilla
• 1.5 cups flour
• 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• ½ cup chopped dates or raisins
- Beat together eggs, sugar, oil till it forms a froth
- Now add grated carrots and vanilla and beat well
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Gradually add to carrot mixture and beat to blend well.
- Fold in dates or raisins.
- Bake in a greased 7-inch pan at 200° for about 30
To the Master Chef in you,