Friday, June 14, 2013

Tiramisu Delight - Celebrating 5 Years of Blogging

For a very long time I wanted to try out Tiramisu, but didn't have the nerve to make one. First I was not confident, second the fear of failure, and finally I was not sure of the recipe. And today, while visiting a bookstore at 1 M.G Road Mall, I found an Italian recipe book with Tiramisu recipe.

With the recipe book in hand and a strong desire to do something special to celebrate 5 long years of blogging, I decided to attempt my first ever Tiramisu.

I started blogging with an aloo parata recipe and then slowly progressed to cakes and bakes, Looking back at my blogging, food experiments, my new found career as a home baker, I'm so delighted that I took this path in life. Yes, so better than than the deadlines at work, the urgent emails, client queries and travel to work..

Thought I still have a long way to become an expert, I'm happy with the little baby steps and the daily progress..

And most important, I want to thank you for visiting this foodie blog, the comments, and suggestion.

Bless You.

Marina

Tiramisu 

Cherry Improvisation 

Slice of this delight


I, Me & Tiramisu

Recipe for Tiramisu

Ingredients.
  1. 4 egg yolks
  2. 1/2 Cup superfine sugar
  3. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  4. 2 1/2 Mascarpone cheese
  5. 2 egg whites
  6. 3/4 Cup strong black coffee
  7. 1/2 Cup rum or brandy
  8. 24 Ladyfinger
  9. 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
  10. 2 tbsp grated dark chocolate
  11. Cherry to decorate.

Method
  • Whisk the egg yolk with the sugar and vanilla extract in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan.
  • When the mixture is pale and the whisk leave a ribbon trail when lifted, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool
  • When the egg yolk mixture is cool, whisk in the mascarpone until thoroughly combined.
  • Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks, then gently fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
  • Combine the coffee and rum in a shallow dish, dip the ladyfinger in the mixture and arrange in the bottom of the dish.
  • Spoon a third of the mascarpone mixture on top spreading it out evenly. Repeat the layers twice finishing with mascarpone mixture. Chill for 5 hours
  • To serve, sift the cocoa evenly over the top and sprinkle with chocolate



Ingredients Kept ready for Tiramisu

Ladyfingers &  mascarpone Cheese

Ladyfinger Soaked in Dark Rum & Coffee

Tiramisu Almost Ready 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Athira Sooraj said...

Georgious dish.. I was confused of ladiesfinger.. wat is it actially!!

Marina Charles said...

@Athira Sooraj,

Ladies finger is a kind of biscuits used for Tiramisu, if you are from Bangalore it is available at FoodHall at Trinity Circle.

Thanks
Marina