Last Tuesday was the Fat Tuesday,which is the day before Ash Wednesday, which is the day the Christian season of Lent begins, which is typically the time of year to give up something which you cannot let it go.The whole purpose of Lent is sacrifice.
Since the previous day is considered to be a Fat Tuesday and also known as “Pancake Tuesday” so I made this heart shaped blueberry pancakes
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 5 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 2-1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- Blueberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together the milk and vinegar and let it sit for 1 minute. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients, then stir in melted butter. If batter is too thick, stir in a little milk.
- Grease the heart shaped tray. Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Place 2 to 3 blueberries into each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Let sit in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes, then turn them out of the pan.
- Serve warm with Maple syrup.
- Enjoy the Pancakes!!!