|Dessert Queen - Trifle Pudding|
I just love Trifle pudding. It fondly brings back a lot of my childhood memories. It's typical for my mom to make this pudding during the birthdays, something all kid's in the house forward to it every year.
Now I am so happy sharing and teaching this favorite pudding recipe. So let's go ahead with the pudding.
- Angel Food Cake (Recipe is given below)
- Vanilla Custard (you many require 2 cups of custard)
- 2 and-half cup cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 20 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Cook custard mix in low heat for 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil . Stir well and turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in rum and chill the custard.
- Whip 1 1/4 cups cream and 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff. Fold into chilled Custard mixture.
- Using a brush, coat a deep, 10" diameter bowl, with strawberry preserves up to within 1 inch of top.
- Slice the Angel cake cakes horizontally into halves. Place top slice, crust side up in bottom of preserves-coated bowl, curving outer edge of layer upward.
- Combine brandy and sherry, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons over the cake slice.
- Spread 1/3 of the chilled pudding mixture over the surface of the cake slice. Repeat the process on each layer.
- Top it with arranging 15 to 18 strawberries on the top of the third layer of pudding and cover with fourth cake layer, crust side down. Sprinkle with remaining brandy-sherry mixture
- Whip the remaining 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Make mounds of whipped cream around the edge of the bowl with the piping bag. Top each mound with a strawberry.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Angel food Cake
- Flour 1 Cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar 1 Cup
- Baking powder 1 Tsp
- Milk ¼ Cup
- Butter 1 Cup
- Egg White 2
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree
- Mix flour and baking powder and sieve it thrice.
- Combine butter and powdered sugar till it become creamy
- Then add the egg whites into this and beat well.
- Alternately, add flour and milk(beginning and ending with flour) into egg and white and mix it using spatula.
- Finally mix the vanilla essence, pour the batter into a greased pan and bake it for 40 mts at 160 degree.
Enjoy the pudding chilled.
Get in touch with me if have any questions or doubt about this recipe.