Monday, January 18, 2016

Gooey Chocolate Mud Cake

Full mud cake
Mud Cake - Full Frame Pic

Recipe to make Gooey Chocolate Cake
Part of Mud Cake in Focus

Slice of Mud Cake
Slice of Mud Cake
 Mud Cake ( Another 5 star cake for Chocolate Cake fans)

One of my student introduced me to mud cake. Ever since, I'm a big fan of it. I have my reason for liking this cake - it's the mud kind of consistency, and rich taste of chocolate which is not overwhelming, and the ease of baking this cake

When I googled about mud cake, I found out that it's a relatively a new cake ( which came up somewhere in the 70's). But now, you can find many variations to this cake

So, if you are a typical chocolate cake fan, then there's every chance that you'll like mud cake.

Here's the recipe which I followed to make this cake. I forgot where I picked this recipe. And, when I find it I will attribute its source.
Ingredient

  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 Cup milk
  • ½ Cup oil
  • 250 gm dark chocolate
  • 1 Cup hot strong coffee
  • 2 Cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • ½ cup cocoa powder
  • 2 eggs


Method

  1. Mix lemon juice and milk and keep it aside
  2. Place oil, chocolate, coffee  in a pan and heat it up
  3. Sieve cocoa, flour, soda powder, baking powder and powdered sugar
  4. Mix egg and soured milk into the cooled chocolate mix
  5. Now whisk the sieved flour and pour the batter into an 8 inch pan
  6. Bake in 180 degree for 1 hour.
  7. Cool and pour Ganache and serve the cake

No comments: