Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Whole Wheat Egg less Chocolate Cake



Slice of Goodness ( Whole Wheat Egg less Chocolate Cake)

Egg less Whole wheat Chocolate Cake

I'm not a person who's comfortable baking cakes without egg. However, I stumbled on this excellent blogger who has a wide range of egg-less cake recipes. This recipe given below is from her, which I did small changes to enhance outcome to come my way. Hats off to Akilla Subramaniam and her pursuit of healthy bakes.

Ingredient
  • Whole wheat flour          1 and 3/4 cups
  • Cocoa powder                 3/4 cup
  • Baking powder                2 tsps
  • Powdered sugar               3/4 cup + 4 tbsp
  • Milk                                 1 and 1/2 cups
  • Oil                                    1/2 cup
  • Vanilla essence                 2 tsps
Method
  1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
  2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together thrice.
  3. Cream the powdered sugar and oil  add the milk and essence then combine well.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the sieved mixture.
  5. Fold in the mixture until you get a smooth batter.
  6. Grease an 8 Inch pan and pour the batter into it.
  7. Bake in the pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Final Result

I'm really surprised to see the find texture and finish of this cake. I bet it will be the same when you bake with this recipe. Pls do try this and thank the recipe maker for her recipe.

Your's in Baking!

Marina

1 comment:

Vanita said...

Can I use flour instead of wheat, Will I get the same texture?