Sunday, April 30, 2017

Drop Scones

Scones is a part of my childhood memories. Now when I have scone, it makes me reflective of my school days, the house where I stayed during my schooling, the extended family members who dropped in and stayed with us, the food prepared in that time, etc. But, today, all these seems like dusted memories, which are more like a changing wallpaper, which I keep seeing, and then disappear.

Mom had come down from Hyderabad for Easter and she is there with me now in Bangalore. Today on this lazy Sunday I was so happy to see my favorite breakfast made by mom.

I think all my cousins and brothers will agree with me with me about Scones , we used have it as a snack when we get back  home from School
Scones for Breakfast

Scone Photo shoot 

Scone Breakfast
Here is the simple recipe of Scone - There are many types of scones. These warm tea-time treats get their name from the fact that spoonfuls of the mixture are dropped on to a hot, lightly greased frying pan to let them cook.

Drop Scones

  • Flour 225gms
  • salt         ½ tsp
  • Sugar 1 tbsp
  • Egg        1
  • Milk 300 ml
  • Butter      50 gms (melted)


Method
  1. Sieve flour and salt into bowl.
  2. Add sugar then mix to a smooth batter with the egg and half the milk
  3. Then add the remaining milk slowly
  4. lightly brush a large pan with melted butter and heat.
  5. Drop small rounds of scone mixture from a tablespoon into pan
  6. Cook over a moderate heat until bubbles show on the scone surface.
  7. Carefully turn over and cook for further 2 minutes.
  8. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
  9. Keep scones warm and serve with butter, Jam, golden syrup or honey.

So, what kind of food invoke your childhood memories?

No comments: